Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5/13 Wednesday


Brought up on things like five year plans 
When I think quickly, it has been an eternity
Since your death.

And I have little to show for it, still living
In the same place, while most every one we knew
Has moved on.

Read the five years of blogs in a single seating,
And I now see the slow evolvement of a woman 
Devastated, destitute, lost,

Who in time eventually learns of dealing
With her horrible reality through moments,
Steps and breaths

To different levels of equilibrium. Not yet to
The sense of place, of home, of self hoped for, and
Though it feels 

As time has flown too far, too long, been wasted, yet while 
slow perhaps, progress inches towards knowing me
As I am now. 

Who was for so long halved and pained, is slowly finding
Whole again, however forever tempered by deepest hurt and
Memory of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment